Counseling Skills for Astrologers, with Elena Lumen, Ph.D.
Personal Astrology • 10-Jul-2021
In this lecture, Elena reviews some basics of good counseling skills, and discusses how they can help astrologers build rapport and interact with their clientèle. Topics include:
1) Maintaining positive regard for the client
2) Owning our own biases and refraining from judgments
3) Maintaining appropriate boundaries by setting a proper time and fee for consultations
4) Instilling hope while remaining truthful
5) Predictions or possibilities: dealing with clients' expectations and disappointments
Up Next in Personal Astrology
Basic Counseling Techniques, with Mel...
When we talk to a client, a friend or even a colleague or student, we can tell them nine positive things about their charts and hint at one negative, and it is this one negative that they will remember. Usually in a much worse way than what we hinted at.
This lecture is a discussion on basic cou...
Converting the Astrological Shadow to...
Finding the shadow within the horoscope, what the shadow means, how to recognize it and heal it.
Gonzo Rectification, with Richard J. ...
An accurate birth time is central to understanding an astrological chart; but a chart’s veracity is doubtful if the birth time is questionable. To be truthful, we have no idea what constitutes the time of birth, so every chart is questionable! Personally, I would like to work with a chart that I ...